Serving our members for 85 years!
Community Resource Federal Credit Union is a non-profit financial institution owned by our members. Our financial services are offered with you as our first priority.
At Community Resource FCU, you have access to a full suite of financial services, including savings accounts, auto loans, checking accounts, credit cards, business checking and more. Plus, your accounts are always close at hand with our mobile app, online banking and more than 5,600 Shared Branch locations nationwide.
As your financial partner, we’re dedicated to preparing you for the road ahead. Let’s make the journey together.
Open an Account Today
Community Resource FCU was created out of the need to serve families of the Niagara Mohawk power company, now National Grid. Today, CRFCU serves more than 7,000 members in four counties.
We are a strong financial institution with $100 million in assets and more than 25 employees, who continuously look for ways to save our members money, reach out to our communities and enhance our services.
- Chartered in 1935 to serve the employees of Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation in the Albany and Hudson districts. The original name of the CU was New York Power & Light Service Building Employees FCU.
- In 1951, the name was changed to Niagara Mohawk North Albany Employees FCU & and in 1979, it was shortened to Niagara Mohawk Albany FCU
- In late 1977, the N.M.P. Albany Administrative FCU, located on State Street in Albany, merged with our Credit Union
- The CU office was located at 1125 Broadway – Niagara Mohawk’s regional headquarters – for most of its history until 1996. For the last 10 years that we were headquartered on Broadway, the CU occupied only about 600 square feet of space, essentially in 1 open room.
- In 1995 the CU purchased the building at 20 Wade Road and moved its headquarters after an extensive renovation project. It opened for business at our present location on July 1, 1996
- In January of 1996, in anticipation of the move and extending the field of membership to employer groups outside of Niagara Mohawk, the name was changed to Community Resource FCU.
- In order to easily serve as many members as possible, the Credit Union applied for a community charter which was approved in July of 2000. This enables anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer County to join, as well as family members of those eligible.
Our Mission Statement
To improve the lives of our members and the community by providing access to affordable, reliable and solution based financial services.
Our Vision Statement
To become the financial institution of choice; providing the best service possible; going above and beyond to help our members achieve their goals.
You can join if you live, work, worship or attend school in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, and Saratoga Counties. You may also join if you are an immediate family member of, or live in the household of someone who is eligible for membership.
How to Join
Click below to fill out our membership application form. A Financial Service Representative will contact you to complete the application.
Community Resource Federal Credit Union’s Board of Directors are comprised of members of the credit union who are inspired by credit union activities and the best interest of the membership.
Board of Directors
|Jack Shellard||Vice Chairman|
Each director serves on a volunteer basis and is elected by the membership of the credit union at the Annual Membership Meeting. Want to learn more? See below
Board of Director & Supervisory Volunteer Opportunities
CRFCU’s dedicated volunteers partner with the credit union by contributing their leadership, professional expertise and ideas for the entire credit union’s benefit. In exchange, volunteers receive valuable leadership experience, financial services industry and management education, networking opportunities and the satisfaction that comes from helping to ensure the continuity and development of CRFCU. Volunteers are essential for corporate governance and for CRFCU to fulfill its vision. Any member 18 or older can serve as a Director.
See or Apply to the Volunteer Opportunities available.