Starting July 2019*
With the Community Resource FCU Homebuyer Dream Program,
you may be eligible for a $14,500 grant to help you purchase your first home!
The Homebuyer Dream Program is a grant offered to eligible first time home buyers that provides up to $14,500 on a first come, first serve basis. Grant money can be used towards the down payment or closing costs. This grant program is through the Federal Home Loan Bank of NY and is expected to be available in July 2019. It’s important to get pre-approved before that date so you will be ready to go when it is available.
Eligibility Program Requirements:
- HomeBuyer Status – first time home buyer as defined by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- Household Income – 80% or less area meridian income (AMI) in the county where you purchase the home**
- Reliable Source of Income – Full-time employment of 32 hours a week, disability award, pension, SSI, etc.
- Purchase an eligible property type
- Homebuyer contribution of $1,000 toward the purchase
- Homebuyer Counseling Certification – You must complete a homebuyer counseling program from an approved provider of the Credit Union
- Commitment – Agree to own and occupy the property for a minimum of 5 years
Contact the Credit Union for more specific details by calling 518-783-2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.