Welcome Back! We’ve Missed You.
Community Resource FCU will reopen branch lobbies on June 1st, 2020. We will follow a phased approach that is similar to New York State’s strategy while still closely following state and federal guidelines.
Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, we have remained open and adjusted our processes to continue efficiently serving members via drive-thru lanes at our branches. We now plan to carefully transition back to normal operations, which will include some modifications, such as limited lobby access and the requirement of masks, as we return to our usual routine.
We are encouraging social distancing, providing access to hand sanitizer and masks, as well as introducing other safety measures that include:
- All members are asked to wear a mask or face-covering before entering any Community Resource FCU location. Please ensure that masks/coverings do not cover any part of your face above the nose. You may be asked to lower your mask for identification purposes. All employees will be required to wear a mask.
- A Community Resource FCU employee will be stationed in the lobby throughout the day to assist members and provide a mask if one is needed.
- To be consistent with CDC guidelines, CRFCU staff will practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and personal space throughout the day. All common areas will be cleaned by the nightly cleaning staff.
- Protective shields have been installed at teller stations as well as at all desk positions to provide additional safety measures for members and staff.
- We ask that you follow procedures within the branch which includes distancing as indicated by the markers on the floor.
- Please do not linger in the lobby areas. We have removed our coffee stations for the time being and our restrooms will be closed to the general community.
We look forward to re-opening our branch lobbies and to safely and responsibly provide our members the financial services that they need.
As we reopen our branch lobbies, we want you to know what steps we are taking to protect you, our members, and the health and safety of our employees. We’ve missed you. Welcome back.
Please note, at this time we are unable to process private sale auto/RV/boats due to NYS DMV being closed. Please check back often for updates.
4 Steps to Spending Your Stimulus Check Wisely When You Don’t Have An Emergency Fund
Members need to be extra careful with their account and financial information, as fraudsters are using the stimulus check program to ramp up fraud attempts.
The IRS recently shared a list of tricks that scammers might use to access information, including:
- Emphasizing the words “Stimulus Check” or “Stimulus Payment.” The official term used by the IRS is “economic impact payment.”
- Asking the taxpayer to sign over their economic impact payment check to them.
- Asking by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information claiming that the information is needed to receive or speed up their economic impact payment.
- Suggesting that they can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on the taxpayer’s behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
- Mailing the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then telling the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
FBI warns consumers to be aware of COVID-19 fraud schemes
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is urging consumers to be aware of scams related to COVID-19.
“Scammers are leveraging the COVID-19 pandemic to steal your money, your personal information, or both,” according to a recent FBI statement. “Don’t let them.”
The announcement advises consumers to do research before clicking on any links purporting to provide information on the virus; donating to a charity online or through social media; contributing to a crowd funding campaign; purchasing products online; or giving up personal information in order to receive money or other benefits.
The FBI says that consumers should also be on the lookout for:
- fake emails from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or other organizations purporting to have information on COVID-19;
- phishing emails asking for verification of personal information related to economic stimulus checks;
- phishing emails related to charitable contributions, general financial relief
- airline carrier refunds, fake cures and vaccines or fake testing kits; and
- counterfeit products that claim to prevent, treat, diagnose or cure COVID-19.
The FBI also reminds consumers to “use good cyber hygiene and security measures,” including the following tips:
- do not open attachments or click links within emails from unrecognized senders;
- do not provide usernames, passwords, dates of birth, social security numbers, financial data, or other personal information in response to an email or robocall;
- always verify the web address of legitimate websites and manually type them into the browser; and
- check for misspellings or wrong domains within a link (for example, an address that should end in a “.gov” ends in “.com” instead).
The FBI’s full announcement can be accessed on the FBI’s website
We wanted to let you know we are here for you. Although for the time being, we now have to serve you in a different capacity, our focus and goal is to continuously provide exceptional member service. We will continue to work with you on your financial needs and look to provide the necessary tools and resources to help you navigate through these times.
We understand the potential impact and concern the most recent requirement of 100% of non-essential businesses being required to keep their workforce at home may cause. We would like to reassure you we are deemed an essential business and will remain available. That means we will be able to continue providing services to our members in a safe manner.
If you have been impacted or expect to be impacted financially, we have a few Relief Options, including:
- Skip-a-Payment: All loans are eligible to skip payments for up to 3 months. Call 518-783-2211 to make arrangements.
- Mortgage Assistance Program: Contact us at 518-783-2211.
- Debt Relief Loans: Apply online or by phone at 518-783-2211 for a loan as low as 2.99% APR* with maximum amount of $5,000.
- No early withdrawal penalty on Share Certificates: We understand you might need access to your savings, so we’ll be waiving penalties for early withdrawals on certificates.
Community Resource FCU will also work with our members on a case-by-case basis to assess each individual situation and develop a workable solution.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we get through this national crisis together.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. All rates quoted are the lowest fixed rates and are for individuals with excellent credit, who select our automatic payment plan. Individuals with less than excellent credit and/or who do not elect our automatic payment plan may be offered a higher rate.
A message from our President & CEO, Terry Langlois
With the rapidly changing conditions regarding COVID-19, we are continuously monitoring and responding to how we protect our staff and you, our members. Here is the latest information we would like to share with you regarding your credit union and the evolving situation.
ONLY DRIVE-THRU OPEN, EFFECTIVE 3/19
Out of an abundance of caution, we have made the decision to move all branch transactions to drive-thru service only, as of Thursday, 3/19, to create social distancing that protects you and our staff. This means that lobbies in all branches will be closed to traffic until further notice.
Our drive-thru will remain open. Click here for hours.
WE ARE READY TO HELP
We understand this is a unique situation, and we are committed to helping any members who may need assistance.
Members who need to have one-on-one or in-person appointments should reach out by phone first, at 518-783-2211, and we will work with you to come up with accommodations to meet your needs.
MOBILE AND ONLINE BANKING IS AVAILABLE 24/7 FOR MOST TRANSACTIONS
With mobile and online banking, you can check balances, transfer funds, pay loans, make bill payments, and deposit checks—all from the comfort of home. If you have questions about setting up online or mobile banking, we can help walk you through the process. Our team is available at 518-783-2211; Monday – Wednesday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM; Thursday & Friday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM; and Saturday 9 AM – 1:00 PM.
Our top priority is the safety and wellness of our staff, our members, and the communities we serve. We will do our best to help you through as we navigate this change together.
Financial Relief to those affected by COVID-19
If you’ve been impacted by COVID-19 and are having or anticipate having difficulty making your loan payment, we are here to help. We can offer to Skip a Payment with the fee waived or other reduced payment options. Our representatives are available to assist you with options based on your specific needs. Please contact the credit union at 518-783-2211 to speak to a Payments Solution Specialist.
What CRFCU is doing to protect you.
The priority of Community Resource FCU is to ensure the health and safety of our members and employees while continuing to maintain operations. That’s why we are monitoring the current situation of the novel coronavirus, named COVID-19, and the impact it has on the communities we serve.
We are actively following the latest developments and will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health.
With that in mind, Community Resource FCU recently postponed its Annual Meeting which originally was scheduled for Tuesday, March 31st. The event is attended by members and staff which presented an opportunity for the virus to potentially spread.
As a reminder to our members who wish to avoid public interactions and minimize exposure to the disease, Community Resource Federal Credit Union has a robust online and mobile banking platform. Within online and mobile banking, members can:
- Access accounts and manage money 24 hours a day
- Make payments on Community Resource FCU loans
- Easily transfer funds between accounts
- Deposit checks remotely
- Pay bills using Bill Pay
- Open additional deposit accounts and apply for loan accounts
While our branches currently remain open to serve you, we are also available by phone for our members. You can reach us during the following hours:
- Monday and Tuesday 8:30 – 4:30
- Wednesday 9:30 – 4:30
- Thursday and Friday 8:30 – 6:00
- Saturday 9:00 – 1:00
Please call 518.783.2211 for assistance.
The Community Resource FCU family remains committed to providing our members with superior service with a focus on safety. We will continue to monitor the outbreak and will provide further updates to this page.
Q & A
Does Community Resource have procedures in place to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus on its operations?
What is Community Resource doing to provide a safe banking environment?
We are stepping up the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting, particularly in high-touch areas; providing hand sanitizers to all employees and working to utilize additional sanitation methods; and keeping our employees up to date on the latest, best practices recommended by the CDC, including social distancing techniques and best practices on handwashing especially after handling documents and money.
Are there other ways to access my accounts without going to a branch?
Yes, you can always access your accounts through:
Online Banking: Convenient access to account services without going to the branch and transferring money between your accounts and accounts at other financial institutions.
CRFCU Mobile App: You can view your accounts, transfer money, pay bills and deposit checks. Available for Android and IOS.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates through:
For further information:
The CDC’s website provides resources including status updates, Frequently Asked Questions, Information for travelers, etc., at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The NYS Department of Health website includes information specific to New York, tips on what you can do to keep healthy and additional resources at www.health.ny.com.
The Community Resource Federal Credit Union scheduled for March 31st has been postponed.