Working in the Community
Community Resource is looking for an outgoing individual to serve as the face of our institution.
Job Title: Service Associate (Teller)
About Community Resource: Community Resource is a local leader in financial services. Founded in 1935, our credit union serves the needs of area members with personal and business banking. Regardless of what our members’ needs are, we meet them with the personalized attention only a credit union can provide.
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Community Resource is “great.” Our team members all share a positive attitude, problem solving abilities and patience, enabling them to provide excellent service each and every day. Don’t miss out on this rare opening with us!
A Day in the Life as a Teller: As the first person members engage with when entering the credit union, you will help complete transactions, uncover financial needs, recommend products/services to help them meet their goals, and refer them to a Financial Service Representative if appropriate. With each transaction, you will need to ensure compliance with our policies, procedures and security requirements as well as government regulations.
Qualifications to be a Teller: No special skills are required but some requirements mean you have the potential to be a great teller:
- Cashing handling skills
- Recent Teller or In-Branch Experience
- Caring attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of core computer programs and aptitude for working with new systems and software
Ready to apply? If this job sounds like a fit for you, then fill in the form below or send your resume to:
Community Resource HR , 20 Wade Rd., Latham, NY 12110 HR@communityresourcefcu.com
Service Associate/Teller Description and Qualification Details
Community Resource Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a full-time Service Associate/Teller. CRFCU offers competitive compensation plan and benefits package. The successful candidate will provide high-quality member service by accurately performing a variety of financial transactions. Identify member’s needs and goals by asking questions and uncovering opportunities.
- Accurately complete all types of account transactions requested by members by following organizational processes and procedures. This includes but is not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, selling of bank checks and the daily scanning of checks.
- Promote, explain and cross-sell CRFCU products and services.
- Provide friendly, prompt service, and proactively identify member needs. Contribute to branch and individual sales and service goals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of CRFCU products, services, and systems. Utilize resources to ensure quality member service.
- Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions by creating member awareness and recommend products when the promotion meets the member’s needs.
- Adhere to branch safety and security practices and procedures. This includes member confidentiality, securely maintaining cash and negotiable items, and physical security standards.
- Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills
- Customer service and sales experience in a financial institution or retail environment with sales experience preferred.
- Previous Teller or cash handling experience in a financial institution or retail environment preferred.
- Ability to Work Branch Hours, including evenings and Saturday.
- Ability to travel and work multiple branch locations.
- Energetic, detail oriented and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to members issues
High school Diploma or General education degree (GED)
Email, mail or fax your resume to:
Community Resource FCU
Attn: HR Department
20 Wade Road, Latham, NY 12110