Working in the Community
Join a team that has provided superior service to its Members since 1935. Although we take pride in providing our members with the best service possible, going above and beyond to help our members achieve their goals, we also like to keep our working atmosphere informal. Employees have the opportunity to participate in community activities and charitable events throughout the year. We are committed to providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for all our employees, offering an extensive range of benefits. Consider starting a challenging and rewarding career at Community Resource Federal Credit Union.
The Teller provides excellent member service by welcoming new and existing members of the Credit Union and assisting them with account transactions and servicing needs. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving member service issues. Tellers, through their conversations with the members, listen to identify financial needs and solutions to further assist our member’s.
- As a teller, you will process member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, daily scanning of checks.
- Provides members with information on credit union services and makes appropriate referrals for new products and services with the goal of being the primary financial institution to our members.
- Answers phones and responds to member’s requests, concerns, and complaints in an effective and pleasant manner and directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Maintains proper security and surveillance over the workstation and cash drawer assigned.
- Records of transactions and balancing will be neat and prepared in ink and double-checks for accuracy.
- Stays current with all services and products provided by the credit union.
- Displays a pleasant, professional style on the job and follows guidelines established by the credit union’s Board Policy.
- Completes all training designed to enhance capabilities including in house training as well as outside seminars, and workshops.
- Acquires and maintains the necessary working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and credit union bylaws and policies in order to ensure compliance.
- Participates in credit union functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Recent Teller or in-Branch banking experience
- One-year related experience in cash handling and member service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficient and ability to learn software and technology systems
- Ability to Work Branch Hours, which can include weekends and evenings.
- Ability to travel and work multiple branch locations.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to members’ issues.
Email, mail or fax your resume to:
Community Resource FCU
Attn: HR Department
20 Wade Road, Latham, NY 12110