Working in the Community
Join a team that has provided superior service to its Members since 1935. We are seeking a team member who is interested in supporting our Credit Union ís sales orientation and has great potential for long-term growth. We value self-directed team players who share our mission to provide Members with convenience, value and the power to control their own money.
Engage with Members to ensure they are fully satisfied, delivering a personalized Banking experience. As a primary contact between our members and the branch Team, you will process transactions accurately and efficiently. You will get to know the member, anticipate their needs, introduce them to our member products and perks. This role is an opportunity to learn and develop new skills as you become part of our Career Development program.
- As a teller, you will process member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, selling of bank checks and the daily scanning of checks.
- Provides members with information on credit union services and makes appropriate referrals for new products and services with the goal of being the primary financial institution of all members.
- Answers phones and responds to member’s requests, concerns, and complaints in an effective and pleasant manner and directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Maintains proper security and surveillance over workstation and cash drawer assigned.
- Records of transactions and balancing will be neat and prepared in ink and double-checks for accuracy.
- Stays current with all services and products provided by the credit union.
- Displays a pleasant, professional style on the job and follow guidelines established by the credit union’s Board Policy.
- Completes all training designed to enhance capabilities including in house training as well as outside seminars, and workshops.
- Acquires and maintains the necessary working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and credit union bylaws and policies in order to ensure compliance.
- Participates in credit union functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Recent Teller or in-Branch banking experience
- One-year related experience in cash handling and member service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficient and ability to learn software and technology systems
- Ability to Work Branch Hours, which can include weekends and evenings.
- Ability to travel and work multiple branch locations.
- Energetic, detail oriented and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to members issues.
Other benefits available include
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Clothing allowance
- Retirement savings account
- Credit Union discounts
Job Type: Full-time
High school Diploma or General education degree (GED)
Email, mail or fax your resume to:
Community Resource FCU
Attn: HR Department
20 Wade Road, Latham, NY 12110