Working in the Community
Join a team that has provided superior service to its Members since 1935. We are seeking a team member who is interested in supporting our Credit Union ís sales orientation and has great potential for long-term growth. We value self-directed team players who share our mission to provide Members with convenience, value and the power to control their own money.
Provides a full range of financial transaction services to members, including receiving and disbursing money in a timely and accurate manner by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs routine member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, selling of bank checks and the daily scanning of checks.
- Verifies cash and endorsements, issues receipts, and prepares stop payments on checks for members.
- Provides members with information on credit union services and makes appropriate referrals for new products and services with the goal of being the primary financial institution of all members.
- Answers phones and responds to member’s requests, concerns and complaints in an effective and pleasant manner and directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Provides membership, either by phone or in person, with factual and up to date information concerning specific accounts.
- Maintains proper security and surveillance over workstation and cash drawer assigned.
- Executes proper security procedures during robberies, forgeries and other suspicious or dangerous situations.
- Assists other Member Service Associates with related duties as assigned.
- Log and process night deposits and mail transactions.
- Maintains complete and accurate accounting of all transactions completed at the teller line that includes verification of starting cash, balances brought forward from the previous day, balancing of cash/transactions when relieved from teller line during operating hours and completes balancing procedures at the close of business.
- Records of transactions and balancing will be neat and prepared in ink and double-checks for accuracy.
- Stays current with all services and products provided by the credit union.
- Displays a pleasant, professional style on the job and follow guidelines established by the credit union’s Board Policy.
- Completes all training designed to enhance capabilities including in house training as well as outside seminars, and workshops.
- Acquires and maintains the necessary working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and credit union bylaws and policies in order to ensure compliance.
- Participates in credit union functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience in cash handling or customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- cash handling: 2 years (Required)
- High school (Required)
Email, mail or fax your resume to:
Community Resource FCU
Attn: HR Department
20 Wade Road, Latham, NY 12110